Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 05:00:20 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Old compiler (3.3-stable -> 4->stable)

Erik Trulsson wrote:

> You should probably go to 4.1-Release or 4.2-Release first. Several
> reports indicate that they should work.
> The tags for those releases ar RELENG_4_1_0_RELEASE and
> RELENG_4_2_0_RELEASE respectively.

Thanks. Alexey's message was CC'd and sounded good to me. So the 4.2
RELEASE is compiling as I type. Has been doing so for quite awhile so
I'm hopeful.

Yeah, who remembers those names? When I came to FreeBSD - definitely,
that is - 3.0 was just released. So I scratched the 2.x install I had
just done in favor of that. It's that box that is now being upgraded.

First time I'm doing a CVSup cross major release boundary. Those first
times are always special ;).

Roelof