Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 14:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Van Baalen <vansax@mail.websidestory.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: P2 400Mhz

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 1998, Jim Van Baalen wrote:
>
> > I am not a PC hardware guy and thus am not even sure how to ask this
> > question. We just got a P2 400Mhz (BX chip set) machine in. I tried to
> > install FreeBSD, but the install failed to find the SCSI disk. Will FreeBSD
> > run on a 400 (the BX chip set)?
>
> What type of SCSI controller?

This seems to be the problem. We put a stand alone SCSI card in and
completed the install. The SCSI controller on the mother board is an
Adaptec AIC-7895. The stand alone is an adaptec AHA-2940. We have older
machines that work using the SCSI on the mother board, they have the
AIC-7880 controller. Are there drivers for the AIC 7895 SCSI controller?
Thanks.

Jim