Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:20:48 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Xpress motherboards?

On Mar 14, Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> I seem to remember seeing a fix pass by that would cause Intel Xpress
> (server division) motherboards to work right.  We're trying to get one
> to work, but unfortunately the SCSI chips (Adaptec 7xxx) seem to be on
> the other PCI bus, which the kernel does not appear to see.

WHICH FreeBSD ???

You should know by now, that there are differences
between the different versions, and it is quite silly
to ask about a feature without giving a hint on the
version you are missing it in ...

If you ar etalking about a Orion based PPro MB (which
might have been useful information as well), then it
is supported for more than half a year, but the code
has not been integrated into the -stable tree.

> Alternatively, when can we have proper PCI support that uses the PCI
> BIOS (if present) to do its dirty work?

Why should we want to rely on the PCI BIOS ???

Regards, STefan