Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:14:29 +0800
From:      "Shane Chrisp" <shane@2000cn.com.au>
To:        <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AIC7890 on DFI PSBL/S Mainboard

Hi,

I have a problem with an AIC7890 controller under RH6.2 that is a little
strange. I have a 9.1Gb hard disk and a DDS4 20/40Gb DAT drive in the
system. The problem is that I can do backups fine using cpio. However when I
try to do a list of all the files on the tape. The system lists all the
files and then stops when it tells me how many blocks were used and goes
into a looping error with an erro such as:

scsi: aborting command due to timeout : pid 18448, scsi0, channel 0, id 0
lun 0 Write (10) 00 00 f9 2a 20 00 00 02 00.

Now that device is the hard disk, rather than the tape drive. I have put the
tape drive into SE mode and placed it on its own controller and left the
hard disk on its own and it does the same thing. Any idea's or help would be
appreciated.

Regards

Shane Chrisp - Proprietor
2000 Computers & Networks
49 Hay St, Subiaco WA 6008
Ph. 08 9382 2652 Fax 08 9382 2639
http://www.2000cn.com.au

"Smile it makes people wonder what you've been up too."