Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 17:11:20 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject:   scsi problems

Quick config question first:

How do I get rid of this, can't find any info on the correct
syntax for the config file.

Warning: sd0 is configured at scbus0 which is not fixed at a single adapter.

Now the real problem:

I can't use any tape devices (a HP DAT mainly), if I try to write to
it I get (I don't think it's specific to writes though)

sd0(aha0:0:0): timed out
adapter not taking commands.. frozen?!
Debugger("aha1542")

Now, problem is I can't get a crash dump to go looking through since the scsi
adapter's frozen and I'm not familiar enough with the scsi code to look
at structures in ddb, so, can someone help.

Only tapes cause this problem, there's a Barracuda and Toshiba cdrom on
the scsi chain too and neither cause any problems.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul