Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:53:43 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Chris Galloway <chris@mountainmax.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp daemon problems (was: Re: Help!)

Chris Galloway wrote:

> I do however have some more questions concerning flags. (-u -a 0002) I
> have looked everywhere for these attributes, But can't find anything
> on them? If I remove the -a -u 0002 from the end of the ftp line in
> inetd.conf, Then customers can get into "root" But if I put them back,
> customers can only get into their home directory. Any idea's what the
> symbols are? or the number "0002"???

I have no idea, sorry. Those don't look like flags for FreeBSD's ftp
daemon either, are you using a non-standard one?

> Another question:  Do you understand how "rdist" works?

No, can't help there, I've not used that. If you remember to include the
list when you reply there's more chance someone will know the answers
than if you just sent to me :-)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk