Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 20:25:21 -0500
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux PPP upgrade causes problems

My Linux using ISP just upgraded his PPP version to 2.2.0e and I can no
longer access the net from his system. I am using user level PPP from
-stable of about a month and a half ago (early Feb) and have had no problems
until about noon today. I was logged on when my provider shut down for the
upgrade and tried logging in about 10 minutes later. I can login to the
system but I can't reach anything on the net. I can't even ping my provider.
netstat -rn shows a route to my provider but nothing I have tried has made a
difference. I have been tearing my hair out for the last 8 hours with no
success. I have spent most of this time on the phone with my ISP's support
people but nothing they suggested has cured the problem, so I am begging for
help here. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Frank