Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:23:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 brian@worldcontrol.com wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that either the charter of -questions be amended
> to include such questions, or perhaps the creation of a mailing list
> -notreallyrelatedtoFreeBSDbut (-solutions ?) to address such questions.

I think this is a great idea. There are lots of questions here that
aren't flagged as "not really about BSD" that would fit into such.

My suggestion would be:

	FreeBSD-questions: questions about things found on the FreeBSD
		ftp servers (problems, what to use, etc).
	FreeBSD-applications: questions about software running on
		FreeBSD that came from elsewhere.

Some things would still cross over. Your question (what can I use to
print labels?) would fit -applications fine. Others, like "where do I
get a web server" could go to either, as /usr/ports/www is a perfect
answer.

	Thanx,
	<mike