Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 11:07:59 +0000
From:      Vladimir Eltsov <ve@kapitza.ras.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP install problem: 2.1.5 & 3c509

Hello!

I am using FreeBSD 2.1.0 for quite a while without problems.
Recently I tried to install 2.1.5. FTP install is the most
suitabale way for me, but after ftp transfer started
installation hangs very soon at random point. (I tried
different ftp servers). My hardware is 486DX2-66, VLB, EIDE
hard drive, 3c509 Ethernet card -- nothing special.

Any ideas what's the problem?
And if I'll manage to install it (for a pity install from
DOS partition is not an option), how could I be sure that
networking will work properly after that?

(BTW, I also tried latest 2.0 based Linux distrubutions
and guess what? - it even didn't boot.)

I am quite suprised: I never had any installation problem
with earlier versions of free OSes.

Thanks in advance,

   Vladimir.