Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:01:28 +0300
From:      "Dan Shebunin" <daktaklakpak@mtu-net.ru>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with IDE CD-ROM under FreeBSD

Hi! And excuse me about my poor English.

Here is my problem:
I have IDE CD installed as master on secondary IDE controller.
Sys messages during system boot phase:
---<cut>---
    wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <OTI-SCYLLA, v1.32>, removable, intr, iordy
    atapi1.0: unknown phase
---<cut>---

After logging in, I try to mount CD:
#mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Invalid argument

or

#mount_cd9660 /dev/wdc0c /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Invalid argument
e.t.c...

The worse is SYSINSTALL can mount my CD, and even read packages from it.
So, why can't I use mount?

P.S. /etc/fstab is ok. (it never changed after install)
P.P.S. /dev/wcd0c exists (and sysinstal mount to it perfectly)
P.P.P.S. The disc is in drive and ready to go :)

Have a nice CONNECT!
Dan. (daktaklakpak@public.mtu.ru)