Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:37:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        alex@targeting.co.uk (Alex Knowles)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I can't believe I am soo stupid

According to Alex Knowles:
> Thank you so much to everyone that has helped me sort this out, You have all
> been very helpful indeed, and it has taught me an awful lot about recovering
> my system!
> Thanks again
> alex
>
> p.s. for the record here is the way I did it:
> boot in single user mode (-s at boot: prompt)
> mount -a
> chsh
>
> easy when you know how!

	Great!  There are lots of sharp and friendly folk in
	*BSD-land and on this list.

	I recommend that you begin keeping a ~/.HowTo file that
	contains very precise details of miscellany like your
	shell problem.

	Running a system as sophisticated and powerful as BSD
	means that you've got to be your own system admin to
	some degree.  Maintaining your own list will simplify
	things.

	gary