Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:01:37 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yoshiaki Kasahara <kasahara@nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
To:        pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vge problem

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:08:49 -0800,
	Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com> said:

> While reading the code again I found some suspicious part which
> could be related with your issue. The controller's CMZ field has
> 3bits so it can handle 7 fragments of a TX frame. However,
> controller wants to see number of fragments + 1 in this field which
> means we can't use all 7 fragments in a TX descriptor. I changed
> the patch to reduce number of TX fragments to 6. Does the following
> patch make any difference for you?
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/vge.busdma.diff3

I'm sorry I was away from the console during last weekend....

Today I booted new kernel with diff3 patch, and did a couple of tests
(massive thumbnail loading and csup). All of them worked as expected
and no Send-Q stack observed, so I believe the problem is fixed by
this patch.

I really appreciate your swift update!

Regards,
--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University