Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:16:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        cjohnson@netgsi.com (Christopher T. Johnson)
Cc:        PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@COLSTATE.EDU, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Newsletter

> > *  An article comparing FreeBSD to other OS's, or unique features
> >
> >      A comparison of FreeBSD and Linux
>
> Given that I've already started this as a report to some friends, I'd like
> to polish it and submit it for consideration.
>
> My question is: How many words can an article be?

As long as you need it to be - if it's too long for the newsletter,
we'll put the original article up as a tutorial and just take an
edited version for the newsletter. :-)

> P.S. The first pass is at http://www.netgsi.com/~cjohnson.  It needs
> some comments folded into it and it needs to be updated from original
> impressions to a more experenced impression.

Let me know when you have the updated version ready and I'll be happy
to send detailed comments.  I've noticed a few errors here and there
in your description of freebsd behavior, but if you say you wrote this
very early in the game then chances are you already know what they are
and will fix them in the 2nd draft. :-)

In any case, a comparison from a (former?) Linux user would definitely
be much more welcome than the biased FreeBSD-only perspective most of
us could bring to such an article, so this is good stuff - I'm looking
forward to the 2nd pass!

					Jordan