Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:10:09 +0930
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        adrian@ubergeeks.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone still using GUS MAX's?

On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 10:13:10PM +1000, Sue Blake wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 08:42:16PM +0930, Peter Childs wrote:
> > In article <6n0hf9$a4s$1@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:
>
> I have been getting an excruciatingly annoying avalanche of apparently
> harmless error messages whenever I use the GUS, ever since 2.1.5 in 1996.
> During that time I have tried all manner of kernel entries for the GUS
> and it made no difference. There is not much sympathy for people using
> old hardware (I purchased it new in 1996!) so I only whinged half a dozen
> times :-)

 Grin.  I've put in a pr (kern/7095) so hopefully before 2.2.7-RELEASE
 happens someone will touch up the three lines needed...

 FWIW a mp3 file is a mpeg compressed(encoded) audio file.. so you can
 take your normal CD's and compress the tracks onto disk (about 3-5mb each)

 You can then get some neat apps to play them back.. x11amp/winamp are
 nice but x11amp only works with OSS's sound drivers, which made my
 machine go click-wirrrr... (hehe)

 I guess i'll have to stick with the old command line stuff :)

 Peter