Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:02:49 +0200
From:      Alex <usov@hq.ups.kiev.ua>
To:        "Michael J. Ruhl" <mruhl@Network-Alchemy.COM>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: bootmgr]

> I just install Win98 and FreeBSD on a 12G disk.  I used the first 8G
> for windows, and the final 4G for FreeBSD.  The bootmgr program
> displays F1 for DOS and F3 for FreeBSD.  When I press the F3 button,
> my PC beeps at me, but when I press the F1 button, I get Windows as
> expected. :(
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts on what is going on?

The problem is in your BIOS - any PC can't access HDD more than 512Mb in
NORMAL or 8Gb in LBA mode throught BIOS. But bootmgr use BIOS!
All You have to do is to repartition your drive for the FreeBSD
partition was first - then both win98 and
FreeBSD would lay in first 8GB.
For the detalis read Handbook or "The Complete FreeBSD".

Alex