Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2018 21:02:30 -0400
From:      Charlie Li <ml@vishwin.info>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FOSSCON 2018 registration open, call for additional sponsors

--OFouWetba9avdyP4JdmLlf4Unc4ENsqkF
From: Charlie Li <ml@vishwin.info>
To: freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org

--0L3vNSTBTht2u5uK83DDiiTcykDuu4zir

Hi all,
Registration for FOSSCON, held in Philadelphia, PA, USA is open. We are
also looking for additional sponsors. https://fosscon.us

FOSSCON is a one-day conference held at the International House in the
University City section of the city, about seven blocks west of 30th
Street Station, the main intercity train station. It is scheduled for
Saturday 25 August. Depending on circumstances with our partnering
hackerspace, we may also have a hackathon/hacker lounge-type thing the
day before; details to come if it comes to fruition.

The schedule of talks is still being made (some topics are already
posted), but expect it structured something like one day of BSDCan.
Content is generally on the more technical side, much like BSDCan this
year. One of the local amateur radio clubs, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club,
are offering US amateur radio licence exams during the conference.

Registration is free; the only optional costs directly for the
conference itself are if you want a shirt, are looking to sponsor or are
taking the ham radio exam (standard fee).

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself (replace
local-part of my email with vishwin) or Jonathan, the lead organiser
(email on website).

dvl@ and I will be there, and if time/circumstances at the end permit,
we may bring the BSDCan auction to FOSSCON (using items at FOSSCON, of
course).

--=20
Charlie Li
Can't think of a witty .sigline today=E2=80=A6

(This email address is for mailing list use only; replace local-part
with vishwin for off-list communication)