Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 09:40:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jay Tribick <netadmin@fastnet.co.uk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virus checking e-mail attachments

 Hi

 | > There seems to be a lot of products available for Windoze NT etc. that
 | > run on a mail server and scan e-mails (or their attachments) for
 | > viruses.
 | >
 | > Is their anything available for FreeBSD that does this (or any
 | > other flavour of UN*X) ?
 |
 | No.  What would it do?  I don't know of any UNIX viruses.

 I don't mean scanning for UN*X viruses, I mean scanning people's
 e-mails for any Windows 95 / DOS viruses etc. Basically so that
 people who pick up their mail from us have the reassurances that
 their e-mail attachments don't contain viruses. Their are
 products available for NT that do this so I don't see why
 UN*X wouldn't have a product that does this.

  Jay Tribick <netadmin@fastnet.co.uk> | Network Administrator
             FastNet International Ltd | http://www.fastnet.co.uk/
                     PGP Key Available | Finger netadmin@fastnet.co.uk
                                       :
               Tel: +44 (0)1273 677633 . Fax: +44 (0)1273 621631
       FastNet International Ltd - The User-Friendly Internet Provider