Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 18:55:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Running FTP as a slave process ...

> FTP install sucks, I want to blow.  (If you get the picture).

Hey, I take some offense at that.  It was actually pretty hard to make
this work without temp files (especially when your target is split
into multiple pieces) and it's also one of our most genuinely USEFUL
installation methods.  I get a lot of positive feedback on it.

> > There's also ncftp (which is less ideal).
>
> As far as I can tell it's purely designed for interactive work.

Not at all.  The ports collection has been using it for non-interactive
fetches for over a year!

					Jordan