Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:29:17 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: a modest proposal

gkaplan wrote:

> The page you refer to below (how-to-ask-en) seems very sensible.
>
> sect 4.14 html in an e-mail - I guess that you mean that a designer
> message is waste of time; but that doesn't apply to url's ?
> sect 4.15 I am not sure, never, may be too strong a word. ( unless it is
> a question of incompatibility between browsers )
...snip...
Note that all this apply _only_ for freebsd-questions, and that else,
you can do whatever you want.

4.14: people who use HTML in their e-mail make it incompatible for
mail-reader like mutt. To read HTML e-mails, Mutt need to start lynx...
Most of the time, HTML mails are not wrapped to 72 lines.
4.15: don't attach files (ok, you can attach text files..) because your
zip/whatever will be distributed to hundreds of peoples(on
freebsd-questions), and this will consume bandwith.
No?
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][French piss me off - Cartman, South Park]
[The FreeBSD User Guide][http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/freebsd/]