Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:32:42 +0100
From:      Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        John Oxley <oxo@rucus.ru.ac.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5 button mouse and MozillaFirebird

Hi John,

> Step by step for anyone who wants to know how.
>
> edit XF86Config put in
> Option "Buttons" "7"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
>
> in ~/.imwheelrc put:
> ".*"
> None, Up, Alt_L|Left
> None, Down, Alt_L|Right
>

> and last of all in .xinitrc, put:
> imwheel -p -b "67" &
> xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

My setup is nearly the same, except for two differences:

I call imwheel as:
imwheel -p -b "000067" 1>/dev/null 2>&1

and therefore have to write in imwheelrc:

"Firebird$"
None,           Thumb1, Alt_L|Left
None,           Thumb2, Alt_L|Right

"Konsole$"
None,           Thumb1, Shift_L|Left
None,           Thumb2, Shift_L|Right

".*"
,Thumb1,        Thumb6
,Thumb2,        Thumb7

I prefer this, because 6,7 are actually the thumb buttons, so I don't
have to mentally fiddle with different terms for the same buttons.
Huh, I really can`t remember, where I got the last line. Just re-reading
the man page doesn't reveal Thumb6 or Thumb7. Maybe the man page
changed, since I fought with imwheel and my thumb buttons. :-)

Ciao
Siegbert