Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:14:03 +0100
From:      Gary Hall <gary.hall@mcg-graphics.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing Kernel Source

We are trying to reconfigure our kernel, unfortunately the source is not
installed. So, following the instructions in the complete FreeBSD
manual, we did the following:

mkdir -p /usr/src/sys
ln -s /usr/src/sys /sys
cd /
cat /cdrom/dists/src/sys.* | tar xzvf -

When we type in the last command we get the error message:

cat: /cdrom/dists/src/sys.*: no such file

When we look on any of the four supplied CDROMS we can find no /dists
directory.
We are running 2.2.6 and they are the CD's we installed from.

Can anyone give us the correct path or give us the correct information
to get our kernel changed ?

Thanks