Date:      Sat, 2 May 2015 11:44:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>
To:        Martijn <martijn@hostage.nl>
Cc:        Robert David <robert.david.public@gmail.com>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS stuck on write

hi,

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, Martijn wrote:

> Sorry....
<snipp/>
> Could it be hardware related? If the reg ecc memory is broken, wouldn't it show on the console?

I had this recently with one of my servers.  Any attempts to write to the pool resulted in the writes stalling inifinitely on zio_wait.  The FreeBSD 10 system eventually locked up propably because it was unable to flush any IO to the pool.

The root pool was on a separate ssd mirror on a PCIe card and was unaffacted.

Reflashing the IT firmware on the HBA did not help.

Swapping the LSI HBA fully resolved the issue.

I wasted lots of time before I finally swapped the controller partly because I did not have spares flying around.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2