Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:52:27 -0800
From:      Rob Ballantyne <robballantyne3@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running CURRENT-10.0

I've successfully upgraded my G5 to CURRENT-10.0.

make buildworld took just over 3 hours.  (If anyone has any
comparisons it would nice to know how long those took, my machine is a
G5 Quad for comparison).

X11 + AfterStep seems to work quite well building some of the ports
required took some special measures (that aren't really the kind of
thing that can be plugged back to the Port Maintainers but I may go
back and sort out a maintanable change -- Anyone have good references
on autoconf/automake?)

I would be happy to try to do something useful.  Is there a
pre-existing project list for the PPC port?

Cheers!

Rob