Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:26:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br (Gustavo Vieira G C Rios)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd@br.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping updated with FreeBSD (some help please)

In a previous message, Gustavo Vieira G C Rios said:
> Can anyone do any comments about this supfile?
> I am beginning with FreeBSD, so i just wanna update my 2.2.7 Release to
> 3.0.0! All i need do is to update my /usr/src, right? and "make world"
> right ?

That's true. But if your a beginner to FreeBSD, then the core developers
are not recommending 3.0. It's meant for developers. You'd be better off
going to 2.2.8-Stable. This is what I use.

*default  host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=RELENG_2_2
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

src-all

*default tag=.
ports-all
doc-all

> my supfile is:
> *default tag=RELENG_3_0_0_RELEASE
> *default hosts=cvsup.internat.FreeBSD.ORG
> *default prefix=/usr
> *defatul base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default release=cvs delete user-rel-suffix compress
> src-all
> doc-all
> cvs-crypto
>
> Thank you for your time and cooperation.
> Best regards,
> 	Gustavo Rios
>
> --

Your wondering how he eats and breathes and other science facts. Well,
repeat to yourself, "It's just a show", then sit back and try to just
relax.          - Theme song MST 3000