Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:35:45 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   web-serving does not update a file's atime?

Hello!

I tried to use stat(1) to see the last time a file was downloaded
through Apache.

To my surprise, all three dates displayed by stat are long ago, even
though the web-server's log is showing downloads from a just a few hours
back.

The file-system used to be mounted noatime, but I turned that option off
some time ago. If I read one of those files (with head(1) or file(1),
for example), the atime is updated. But if Apache serves it out -- it is
not... There is no caching in Apache either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

	-mi