Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 23:14:58 -0400
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: courier-0.38.2

--On Wednesday, July 03, 2002 04:10:36 +0200 Harald Schmalzbauer
<Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com> wrote:

> Hello dear maintainer,
>
> I'm about to plan a new mail-server for our intranet so I looked around
> and found that courier as the complete package would be very
> interesting.
> Thanks a lot for making it easy for the FreeBSD community to use this
> software!
> But I had a look at the courier pages and found that the latest release
> is 0.39.1 and the CVSlog tells me that there was an interesting patch
> for FreeBSD.
> So my question is if you are about to upgrade the 0.38.2 port or perhaps
> you are much too busy and I should be happy with that.
> I had a look at your port and decided not to start compiling the recent
> release natively. There seem to be quiet a few things to be watched out.
> Too much for a nonprogrammer.

Thanks for the reminder.  You should see an update in the next day or two.

And yes, Courier-MTA is highly recommended.  I've used sendmail, qmail,
exim and postfix each for at least a year in the past.  Courier is by far
my favorite..

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org