Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:54:50 -0500
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        Sean Chittenden <seanc@groupon.com>
Cc:        jail@freebsd.org, "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
Subject:   Re: preferred jail management tool

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Sean Chittenden <seanc@groupon.com> wrote:

> Well this is a rather trendy topic of late and timely.  I'm very happy to
> see a renaissance and renewed interest in container administration for
> FreeBSD.

[...]

> For years I've used and endorsed ezjail, but as stated, it is depreciated.
> For a book, excluding ezjail would exclude a huge portion of the user base
> and seems like it would hurt credibility given its dominance as the
> preferred tool for jail administration.

Maybe is something obvious to the more technical crowd but as a user what
does "depreciated" mean in this context? If it's "loosing value" how is
this determined? by whom? or it being phased-out replaced by other tools?
Or is this based on your evaluation? If so can you specify what is
specifically missing/outdated/not maintained from EzJail, or is the whole
jail system going in a direction to make EzJail and other tools obsolete?

Thanks for any clarification!

--
Alejandro Imass