Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:53:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook ToDo...

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Coranth Gryphon wrote:

> Actually, I did a typo. It was "Ethernet networking" not "Basic Networking"
> But I can do the summary paragraph as well...

Okay, that works.  Just try too keep in mind thing that apply to tcp/ip
networking in general and things that are specific to ethernet.  Most
sysadmin books I've read take the all-the-world-is-an-ethernet approach
and mention slip and ppp off in some remote corner.  That may be okay for
the mainstream workstation consumer (sun, hp, dec, sgi) but I suspect the
FreeBSD userbase has a much higher proportion of SLIP and PPP users.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============