Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:19:28 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
Cc:        usb-bsd@egroups.com, current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: SMP problem? (was: Re: [usb-bsd] USB To Do list)

>What does it say before this info?

In dmesg.boot (after `boot -v' at the loader prompt):

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xe000-0xe01f irq 15 at device 7.2 on pci0
uhci0: LegSup = 0x00000010
uhci_run: setting run=0
uhci_run: done cmd=0x80 sts=0x20
uhci_run: setting run=1
uhci_run: done cmd=0x81 sts=0x0
usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

Both uhci and usb drivers are statically linked to the kernel.

When I connected a USB keyboard, I got the messages in my previous
mail below.

>Shared interrupt?

No shared interrupt.  Both IDE channels are disabled by BIOS, thus,
irq 15 is free.  After all, The USB drivers work if I run a UP kernel
on the same machine.

>USB does work on SMP (or at least in some cases).

I know.  It works on my another SMP box running 4.0-STABLE ;-<

Kazu