Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:59:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer & esd

In article <20020104201338.A763_i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de@ns.sol.net>,
	stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de writes:
> Hi, I was wondering why mplayer is explicitly built without
> esd support. I checked the mailing list archives and cvs logs,
> but couldn't find any hint.

You're referring to the FreeBSD port and/or package? I couldn't tell
you, except that, from my experience bulding mplayer from their source,
the 'configure' script modifies the build and executable to suit the
system it is run on. P'raps the port maintainer doesn't have ESD, so
the port and/or package therefore doesn't have it?

I had little trouble building mplayer from their sources, though I
don't have ESD.

Dave