Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:11:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        michael@nocal.com (Mike Stickney)
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the Final EOL Disposition of v2.2.8?

> At 11:15 PM 1/24/99 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> >
> >That sounds like a good idea.  We may also want to make a 2.2S CDROM
> >meant making the last CD distro a truly comprehensive "cap" to the 2.2
> >branch.  What do people think?

Well... i have conflicting opinions. On one side, apart from what
you call it this would be the 2.2.9 thing that i have always desired.
Had you communicated your intention to do such a thing much earlier,
i think we would have seen more bugfixes or activity on the -stable
tree, whereas the lack of a new release has demotivated lot of
people from doing that (maybe i am just speaking for myself here...).

On the other side, i remember when we had 2.1.X, 2.2.X and 3.0 CDs coming
out, and i wouldn't want to be the release engineer...

Bottom line: i'd say yes, a 2.2S CDROM is a very good idea, provided
it does not come out "tomorrow" so people have the time to work on it.

	cheers
	luigi