Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:32:07 +0200
From:      gunnut@2ainfo.it
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Erratic computer behaviour

Dear Sir,
              I am a new FBSD user and I have problem of inconsistent
computer behaviour.Let me make my point clearer;
1-I tried several time to format floppy disk with error messages,today
all of a sudden not only I could format the floppy,but I succesfully
mounted a file system to it and copied files.The only problem it would
only have 855 kb insted of the 1316 expected (3.5" HD floppy)
2-I have a HP Laserjet 4000 I set up the various file and it would make
a test and print fine,after a week it was a dead duck
I could not get it to work with the lpr command I switched to lpd
command and it started to print again.A few days later it works using
lpr.
3-Unmounting cdrom I find it necessary at times to repeat the same
command 2,3 times before execution.
Are all these problem due to computer configuration (lack of or poor
conf) or hardware problem could be present?
I wish to thank you all respondant to my previous question:problem
setting up PPP still unresolved
                                                        sincerely
                                                  Filippo Moretti
Dr.F.Moretti