Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:51:25 -0400
From:      Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Monitoring temperature with acpi (sysctls)

I need to be able to get the cpu and fan information from my
motherboard, however none of the monitoring utilities in the ports seems
to support my motherboard (Supermicro PDSMi, Intel E7230 (Mukilteo)
Chipset). On my older VIA based motherboards and some Nvidia, i can get
this information using ACPI and the hw.acpi.thermal sysctl. This however
is not available on this motherboard. Would this be a shortcoming of the
motherboards ACPI implementation, or a lack of support by freebsd?