Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:52:00 +0200
From:      Daniel Sundin <daniel.sundin@engelholm.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic: free: multiple frees, fbsd 2.2.6

We're having a strange problem with FreeBSD 2.2.6.
Earlier today the box rebooted once, came back after
a long harddrive check (had an uptime of 62 days, lots to
check probably).

After that reboot, it has continued to reboot exactly
every 47 minutes (almost on the second) with the following
error message:
PANIC: FREE: Multiple frees

To me it seems like that should be memory related
as that error occurs in a free(), but I've been
told that it might just be a harddrive failure aswell.

The server is an Intel P2 333, 512mb ram, 4.55gb Seagate
Cheetah, approximately 2 months old.

No new software has been installed on the server in
the last days. We're mainly running 3 custom daemons
on the server, and a SQL server (MySQL). This setup
has been running the last 62 days w/o any major problems,

The 3 daemons are recieving connections (about 200/second
at peak) and doing statistical services. They use
about 200mb ram, and we're never down to the swap.

I'd appriciate it alot if someone could tell me anything
about why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel