Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 14:04:08 +0000
From:      Unknow User <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH2 (in FreeBSD-Questions)

The following was running at Questions:

login.conf is all fine and dandy, but... SSH2 doesn't support using
login, SSH1 did, I don't know why they removed it, I rather liked it.
So people logging in with SSH2 wouldn't be affected by anything in
login.conf...Unless there's some hidden feature in SSH2 that lets it
use login, I'm screwed, or I only run SSH1, unfortunately, most windows
ssh clients default to SSH2 protocol from what I've seen. I don't expect
them to enjoy that.. =P

-**-

What is this?
Isn't the OS supposed to be robust enough to handle that!
How is possible to write a software that can bypass system limits
imposed by sysadmin? how is it implemented? So this implementation is
insecure, once it ALLOW user level programs run over it!
Can anybody explain me it?

Thanks a lot!

--
"The box said 'Requires Windows 98, NT, Linux or better' so I
installed FreeBSD."