Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:22:36 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   KDE woes

Unfortunately, I have been unable to resolve the kdelibs11 on 5.0-CURRENT
issue. For some reason, the current kdelibs11 port works just fine on
3.4-STABLE, but not -current. I've been looking at libtool, and it seems it
is the culprit, because it has some version-specific information in
work/kdelibs-1.1.2/admin/ltconfig and friends.

Another thing: I noticed that on my -stable box, if your CFLAGS includes
"-v", then for some reason ltconfig will decide it can't build shared
libraries. At this time I'm unsure if this is a libtool or a compiler
issue. It seems to be a compiler problem, though. :-(

I'm looking into upgrading libtool from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4... is anyone working
on this? Maybe this will fix all the problems! :-)

kdelibs11 should work on 4.0-STABLE since it used to work on my
4.0-CURRENT, which is now my 5.0-CURRENT. So no worries there, unless bento
pukes on it...

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>