Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:49:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      bgingery@gtcs.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/4711: mail/p5-Mail-Folder runtime requirement missing

>Number:         4711
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       mail/p5-Mail-Folder runtime requirement missing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

	ports-current mail/p5-Mail-Folder

	Operation of Mail::Folder requires that the
	CPAN "MIME-Tools" package be installed for such
	items not included in converters/p5-MIME, and that
	really don't belong in converters/,  anyways.

	MIME::Head.pm, for example, is a requirement Mail::Folder

	(Can't locate MIME/Head.pm in @INC at ...Folder.pm line 17
	 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ...Mail/Folder.pm
	 line 17).

	Makefile: 1997/06/24 18:43:24 jfitz
	shows no dependencies other than PERL5=YES

>How-To-Repeat:

	Install p5-Mail-Folder and attempt to use it WITHOUT
	the supporting modules pre-installed. (current CPAN dist
	is MIME-tools-3.204.tar.gz)

>Fix:
     1.
	Get a port of MIME-tools bundle.  Is anyone working on this?
	If so, I'll just wait a few hours };^o   Seriously, if so,
	an E-Mail response would be appreciated.

	MIME-tools includes:
	    MIME::Body	   - Abstract message holder
	    MIME::Decoder  - OO interface for decoding MIME messages
	    MIME::Entity   - An extracted and decoded MIME entity
	    MIME::Field::* - Mail::Field subclasses for field parsing
	    MIME::Head     - Parsed MIME header (Mail::Header subclass)
	    MIME::IO	   - Simple I/O handles for files/scalars
	    MIME::Latin1   - Encoding 8-bit Latin-1 as ASCII
	    MIME::Parser   - Parse stream to create MIME entities
	    MIME::ParserBase for extending MIME::Parser
	    MIME::ToolUtils  for tweaking the entire library
	 and programs
	    mimedump    - dump summary of a message
	    mimeexplode - parse/decode MIME message into its component
		         files
	    mimesend    - send a message with attachments from the
		         commandline (xfmail clone in Perl?)

	This port (MIME-tools) should depend on converters/p5-MIME
	as it requires those for QP and Base64.  Distribution includes
	but does not install MIME::QuotedPrintable and MIME::Base64,
	or so the readme says.

	This port (MIME-tools) really somehow needs to be combined
	with Mail::Folder, as tht is a listed requirement in the
	readme.  Hmmm not sure, yet, if there are cross-dependencies!
	Odds are that dependencies are there for the included programs.
	MIME-tools author: eryq@enteract.com / eryq@rhine.gsfc.nasa.gov

    2.
	Insert that as a run-depends in current port of
	Mail::Folder.