Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:19:10 -0400
From:      Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portsnap Generating a "Bad file descriptor" Error Message

Hi,

Yes, files are written to the /var filesystem. I have tried fetching the
file manually and I have even tried to newfs the partition again and to
copy the files back. I also tried to delete the portsnap directory
completely. None of this fixed the error. Note that I access the web
through a proxy, but I tried untaring the file
86abb3c6f24b24e7fdadda42805f9ae38f487177dcb9493f5e0cb4f792490b2f.tgz<http://portsnap5.freebsd.org/s/86abb3c6f24b24e7fdadda42805f9ae38f487177dcb9493f5e0cb4f792490b2f.tgz>and
I did not get any error from tar, so I guess the file I got is not
corrupted.