Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:09:37 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>,  ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        cpghost@cordula.ws
Subject:   Re: Maintainer timeout for port destroying itself (multimedia/dvdauthor)

Am 15.08.2011 22:58, schrieb Matthias Andree:
> Am 15.08.2011 22:31, schrieb Jan Henrik Sylvester:
>> I have been poking the maintainer of multimedia/dvdauthor three times
>> since the beginning of this year about multimedia/dvdauthor applying a
>> patch to the port itself and thus destroying the port after the second use.
>>
>> Instead of being applied to the port, a patch for the port itself seems
>> to have been copied to the files directory of the port instead.
>>
>> It was later that I found that someone else did report it independently:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/154065
>>
>> Please, could some committer enforce the maintainer timeout for that pr?
>
> I'm on it.

OK. done. I've reset the maintainer of dvdauthor and kino, so that these
two are up for grabs.

There was an independent request by C. P. Ghost (cc'ed) to upgrade this
dvdauthor port to a newer version.

I have no interest to handle the actual ports upgrade, is either of you
willing to take it?  Someone else?

Documentation about port upgrades is at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/ and
we're happy to help new port maintainers answering questions and giving
advice.

Thanks,
Matthias