Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 96 16:16:39 +1100
From:      Ian Wynne <ianw@ee.usyd.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree problems

Hello People:

I'm setting up Xfree86 for a friend of mine.

I'm using FreeBSD 2.0.5 and XFree86 3.1.1. The machine is a 90mhz
pentium., with an s3 accelerator card.

I'm using a Logitech MouseMan serial mouse.

I've also used the  standard .Xresources file and standard .xinitrc
file.

With the window manager twm, everything works fine, except  when I press
one of the control keys and either the middle or the right mouse
buttons, instead of getting a menu for scrollbars or fonts, I only
get an error beep.

I know that the control keys are working because holding down the
control key and the "L" key give "^L" on the screen.

I have tried all the possible mouse types in the XF86Config file,
but nothing works.

Can somebody please help?

Best regards,

Ian Wynne 	ianw@ee.usyd.edu.au