Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 00:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Dyson <dyson>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is nullfs broken in -current?

> I just attempted to use it to loop "/usr/src" and "/usr/obj" mounts on
> my system (^&*$@%!! broken make macros!) and every time I compile
> anything substantive from /usr/src I now get a divide by zero and
> panic.  I could go into more detail here and will if this isn't
> immediately reproducible by those interested in nullfs.  Last person
> I saw in that code was...  David?
>
> 					Jordan

All of the layered filesystem stuff is slated to be fixed for 2.2.  I am
too busy right now to even look at it right now because of that irritating
Sig-11 problem.   The VFS layering needs work (and even in the original
4.4Lite stuff was "not good".)  The getpage/putpage stuff is the first
step in the fixes.  (Other things include proper NFS locking -- right now
NFS doesn't VOP_LOCK at all!!!)

John
dyson@freebsd.org