Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 00:52:10 -0700
From:      "Hank" <BSD@hankandheather.com>
To:        "BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with proxy setup

I am setting up a box to route for my internal network using NAT. The box is
set up with DSL coming in on one NIC and going to the network hub using a
second NIC. The internal ips are all in the 192.168.1.X with the BSD box
being .1 (I know everyone probably realizes this...)

Of course all web requests are traveling through the BSD gateway, but what I
would like to change is that the BSD box instead of going strait to the
internet for the web page, is to go through a proxy server so that porn can
be blocked to internal web traffic. I can set it up so each machine uses the
proxy in it's web browser, but that is too easy to get around.

I know this can't be the first question on this, but I could find no
distinct answers in the archives.

The only thing I have seen so far is squid, but it seems way overboard for
what I need, is there an easier way to just have NAT route the packets?

You're help in this matter is very appreciated.

Hank