Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 09:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 (URGENT!) Problem

I had asked this a couple of days ago, and someone had asked
me what error messages I got, etc. but never got back to me...
sorry if you are already working on it or something, but I had
to repeat just to make sure:

XF86_SVGA will lock up on startup. Only a physical reboot
will work.

 * This is FreeBSD 2.2.1, XFree86 version 3.2
 * Worked perfect on Linux 2.0.29, XFree86 version 3.1.2
 * XF86_VG16 doesn't lock up.
 * A couple of times I was able to get it to work once or twice before
   locking up again.
 * No errors, but the freeze happens after "1280x1024 needs hsync xxx, deleting"
   and before the font stuff.
 * I have a project due May 16th that I need X for ... this is urgent please
   if you have any idea what is going on, reply!

-Nathan
nathan@senate.org