Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 13:04:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: if_dc imports, al, ax, pn, dc and mx removed

Heads up people: the if_dc driver and all its bits and pieces are now
in the tree and the al, ax, dm, pn and mx drivers have been removed.
People previously using these drivers need to update their /etc/rc.conf
files accordingly. Also note that if_dc should now handle 21143-based
NICs. If you were previously using if_de for a 21143 card, you may
see if_dc take over support for it depending on your kernel config.
If you have a 21143-based NIC which worked with if_de and *doesn't*
work with if_dc, please let me know ASAP. Most 10/100 NICs should
work fine: the only questionable ones are 10Mbps only versions. If
you have a NIC that doesn't work, please show me the output of
pciconf -l from your system when reporting a problem.

As usual, the place to complain is: wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu.

-Bill