Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:06:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Daniel Ryslink <daniel.ryslink@col.cz>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with em interfaces on FreeBSD 6.1

Hello,

We have currently upgraded one of our routers to Gigabit connectivity and
FreeBSD 6.1 Release.

The hardware is Supermicro SuperServer 5015M-T  - we have tried both the
integrated NIC and yet another external Intel NIC - specifically

Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter
PWLA8492MT

The problem is that several times a day, the following appears in
messages:

Aug 11 08:41:44 b2 kernel: em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting

accompanied with a loss of connectivity lasting for several seconds.

We have tried using both the default driver that came with the FreeBSD
installation as well as the newest driver from Intel dated 2th April 2006
compiled as a module, but the problem still persists.

If anyone encountered the problem and has a solution, I would be very
grateful.

Best Regards

Daniel Ryslink