Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:32:51 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        nathan@rtfm.net, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x11amp-libc5 and setup() not implemented?

Tony Kimball wrote:
> : It works very nice here with  x11amp-0.65r2-libc5.tgz , 3.0-current,
> : Luigi Rizzo's pcm drivers...
> :
> : It doesn't work with stock drivers or oss ones...
>
> My question is: what is the pivotal difference between the two classes
> of driver?

I really don't know, I am a registred user of oss drivers too, and I
often use the stock drivers too, but there are something that works with
ones and something with the others...

Quake wants the plain stock drivers and it doesn't work with luigi or
oss ones, x11 amp only works (for me) only with Luigi's and so on... It
could be a very good thing if we can have only one drivers which is able
to sounds with everything ... :-)

--

Regards...

Gianmarco