Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:40:31 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        accent@inficad.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting CDs (was Re: AWE32 support)

accent@inficad.com:
 |I have recompiled my kernel with the snd0 and sb0 line added.  I see it
 |detects my sb0 line without a problem, however I am unable to mount any
 |audio cd's.  Am I missing something here???  I am using xcdplayer but it
 |tells me "device not configured"!! Is this a problem in my kernel or did I
 |not set up xcdplayer correctly???  Any suggestions for this newbie would be
 |greatly appreciated..

Mounting CDs doesn't have anything to do with the sound driver
configuration in your kernel.  It shouldn't have anything to do with your
AWE32 soundcard either unless you happen to have CD-ROM hanging off the IDE
port on your soundcard, assuming it has one.

Try:

       mkdir /cdrom
       cd /dev
       sh MAKEDEV wcd0c
       mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

Use cd0c instead if you have a SCSI CD-ROM.  If this gives you device not
configured, you likely need to add the relevent driver support to your kernel

Randall