Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 2015 18:46:34 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64 <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64
References:  <563A5893.1030607@freebsd.org> <2AAC0EF3-528B-476F-BA9C-CDC3004465D0@bsdimp.com> <20151108155501.GA1901@alchemy.franken.de> <CAHSQbTDEUJ=R4BTAx%2BVF55Xb%2BmObhHLgM09%2Bxp-=uP8LbfeoUA@mail.gmail.com> <CAPyFy2ALaBg7jzQSTqkosb9wV=9RMdmc%2BqY2yGWvznt7=yvc7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CANCZdfrJfNo2qUn4EG%2BB2ZwN5QgryEPQwPYNs96B46%2Bm6hzonQ@mail.gmail.com> <20151109021829.626222b1@zbox.lerwick.hopto.org>

hiya,

We can build sparc64 using gcc-4.9 and gcc-5 right now. It may
actually even boot.

Is anyone willing to compile up a world/kernel and try booting them?

As bapt has said, the main shortcoming is a lack of compiler that
works as shipped in /usr/bin, so you need to build/install a package
for that to happen. But it'd be nice to verify that a gcc-5 world and
kernel do work.

Thanks,

-adrian