Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2014 02:01:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        nick gigashvili <nickagigashvili@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with acpi (battery status not shown)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 18:43:23 +0400, nick gigashvili wrote:
 > Hi
 >
 > I'm having problem with acpi battery status is not updated it is freezed on
 > 96% when on AC power, I'm running FreeBSD 10-RELEASE on HP Workstation
 > 8570w.
 > I tested ASL with iasl and it has syntax error. I coultn't boot with acpi
 > turned off so Im sending you dmesg output only with acpi enabled.
 >
 > here is ASL file link:
 > https://www.sendspace.com/file/do5xn7
 >
 > Thank you

Your hw.acpi tree and verbose dmesg look alright on a very quick browse.
No AE_* ACPI errors and battery initialisation looks good, assuming you
have just one battery fitted of the two supported.

It's quite possible that there's no problem.  Li-Ion batteries are not
trickle-charged like older technology batteries (NiCd or NiMH) but after
a full charge gradually self-discharge over days, perhaps weeks while
the laptop is powered, until the battery gets down to below around 95%
(on my Thinkpads anyway), when it will get boosted back to 100% again.

My X200 is down to 95%; I'm expecting a charge cycle any day now :)

State:                  high
Remaining capacity:     95%
Remaining time:         unknown
Present rate:           0 mW
Present voltage:        12418 mV

Try unplugging power and watching with acpiconf -i0 until down to say
90% or lower, then reconnect power; it should charge up to 100% again,
and stay up around 98-99% for a while before gradually dropping.

If it doesn't, try reporting the result of acpiconf -i0 at different
states and times; just the lines above will do, except for the first.

And don't forget to let it run on battery sometimes, it's good for it;
occasional deep (or even complete) discharges help keep the battery's
internal 'coulomb counter' in good shape, and don't hurt battery life.

cheers, Ian