Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:24:16 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   user questions

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 97 14:49:09 PDT
Subject: SMP, state of -current?
From: Troy Curtiss <troyc@sandy.merix.com>

Hi Steve,
  I see you've been working hot & heavy on the SMP FreeBSD stuff.
I may be in a position to buy an MP motherboard here at work, which
would you recommend?  Secondly, how far along is the SMP in the way
of process sharing/threading/etc...  If I write a program that parallel
tasks (ie... brute forcing password keyspaces), can I put a CPU on each
task/thread/process to effectively double my speed (almost)?
  Just curious,

- -Troy

- --
| Troy Curtiss, HW/SW Engineer | Email: troyc@merix.com       |
| Merix Corporation, CL-302    | Phone: (970) 203-6643        |
| Loveland, CO 80537           | Fax  : (970) 203-6610        |

------- End of Forwarded Message